I, if they’re cold pitching a position, expect a certain amount of information to be shared:
- position title? (e.g. Game-play programmer)
- seniority? (junior, mid, senior, lead);
- location? (city/country);
- on-site, work from home or a combination of the previous?
- primary language and platform?
- expected tech stack?
- expected experience?
- (optional) salary range?
You can compact it in one sentence: “I’m looking for a senior game-play programmer with 5 games released on consoles, in Berlin/Germany, using C#/Unity and experience with an awesome 3rd party obscure library”.
What I receive instead:
“I have a position that requires programming language X, for a great company!”
You people have to do better than that 😉